twitter




Sunday, October 11, 2009

Is it possible to receive email messages sent to a different account?

I recently received a message sent to a different email account in my Hotmail inbox. The message displayed a different email account in the To: field. That is, instead of reading To: myemail@hotmail.com, I read To: anotheremail@hotmail.com in the message header. How can this happen? I fear that it may represent a privacy breach caused by some odd mistake.

Is it possible to receive email messages sent to a different account?
It could be a spamming tactic. Some spammers will BCC recipients while putting a ficticious email in to "To" field.
Reply:I had the same problem with my yahoo mail account, getting ridiculous amounts of spam when they were addressed to others though the addresses were always similar to mine. I don't know how it happens but yes it can, I eventually had to delete my yahoo account and sign up for a new one. Don't think it helps you much i'm sorry, but it's not just you it's happened to.


No comments:

Post a Comment