twitter




Wednesday, October 21, 2009

If I attach a file using the old Microsoft Word to an email, will it open on the new one?

I don't have a USB and I want to attach a file from home to school through an email I will send to myself. I was wondering if it would work from old Microsoft Word to the new one because it is a very important paper.

If I attach a file using the old Microsoft Word to an email, will it open on the new one?
Generally, yes, but if you want to be double-safe, save and send a second copy in .rtf format.





Also, make sure if and when you save the file in the new version of Word to save it as the old .doc format so your home machine can read it.





Hope that helps.
Reply:it will open as long as you select the compatability mode before you save and send it!


No comments:

Post a Comment